Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A letter on my behalf...

I am aware & have been for quite some time, but have not said anything since it has not really involved me, that there have been nasty statements made about Tedi Spicer and the work she does with animals.  I am usually one who does not get into others business, however, when threats are made and my name is involved or attached to organizations I am affiliated with, it becomes an issue.


I have known Tedi for years and while there may be personal issues between you and her or other individuals and her, the work she does with animals has ALWAYS been loving, genuine, ethical, legal, etc.
Ive read what people have stated and am so incredibly blown away that other animal lovers and others who have rescue org's would make these accusations without even properly researching.  In addition, I noticed a deplorable facebook page created solely dedicated to "TediSpicer EffedMe".  I could no believe people who claim they are animal lovers would waste their time and energy with something like this.  I was literally embarrassed for everyone who became a "fan" and who were making comments on that page without ANY evidence to base their accusations or remarks.  How cruel, nasty, cold hearted and  inaccurate.  Further, the notes and statements on this page were remarks about animal rescue that I am involved in with Tedi.  She & I work together often as I had stated. Some who do rescue choose to advertise on FB and others choose not to.  I am one who chooses not to & a perfect example is this.


Normally I am not one who feels the need to defend or prove anything but because so many choose to speak out of their asses, I live about 30 minutes away from Tedi and have not only been to her house numerous times but have been involved in placements, home visits, community outreach at local schools and humane societies which involved myself, Tedi, her son, Tedi's father (who for some reason some people are talking shit about and I am not sure why because this man is an amazing person who is an animal lover.)
My name is attached to all these rescue org's being bashed and whatever selfish reasons people are doing this for, I honestly don't care.  It is juvenile, inconsiderate, INNACURATE, and completely against all those who 'claim'  they fight for animals. This isn't high school.  We are adults.  Animals are being helped NOT HURT.  Its time to move on.


Those who are stating they are going to sue Tedi, charge her, who are threatening her etc, need to stop.  What a waste of energy. In addition I have researched the profiles of those who have been threatening her and have noticed that most do not even live in the state of IL and are not aware of the laws here.
Tedi & I work closely with attorneys here in IL who are up to date on animal law and who are also aware of these threats being made to Tedi and to our rescue org's.  I have screen captured, copied, printed and forwarded all the emails sent to Tedi, the fake "TediSpicer" page created, all the notes created to my brother who is and attorney in the states of IL and Florida.  I think what this woman is doing is incredibly selfish and wrong.


Whatever personal issues you have with Tedi please do not involve the rescue work I do with her.  I also hope people choose to have a brain of their own and stop following individuals who don't have any evidence to back up their 'claim' that Tedi is this horrible crack head who abuses animals & is profiting off animals which is probably the most assinine comment I have heard in awhile.


XXXXX
March 2010
(PS---I have this letter as a hard copy in black and white also)



No comments:

Post a Comment